Furthermore, if it is selected as the host city for 2012, Paris wishes to stage
an event that will represent a strong step in the dissemination of the values
of Olympism by:
• offering athletes an outstanding welcome through an ambitious Olympic Village
concept with nearby clusters hosting most venues,
• organising a welcome for the Olympic Family combining comfort and warmth,
• placing the Olympic celebration at the heart of Paris,
• promoting a transformation in the attitudes and behaviours of members of French
society, to the point of making them true “Olympic citizens”,
• seeking to enrich the values of Olympism with additional values inherent to
the new century.
For Paris 2012 serving and contributing to Olympism means undertaking a real
push for transformation through maximising the Olympic experience.
The Games in Paris in 2012 will provide a renewed impetus for all - athletes
and non-athletes - to be inspired and united through their ambitions for the future.