Roland Garros Stadium is currently made up of 24 courts. Each year, it hosts the world's greatest claycourt tournament.
Centre Court, now known as Philippe Chatrier Court, epitomises the French Open. It has been witness to defining matches in history, between the world's best players.
Suzanne Lenglen Court bears the name of the first great player in women's tennis, who became two-time Olympic champion in 1920.
On Court 1, the close quarters bring players and the crowd together.
Roland Garros' capacity is staggering: every year, for two weeks, some 500 players and 400 000 fans come through its doors.
Combining modern facilities with the legacy of players past, the Village adds to the site's magic. A remembrance of yesteryear: Place des Mousquetaires.
First played in 1925, Roland Garros International Tournament became the French Open in 1968. It is one of tennis' four Grand Slam tournaments.
Roland Garros Stadium was built in 1928 so that the "Four Musketeers" could defend their Davis Cup title, conquered one year earlier.