French Minister for Youth, Sports and Associations and former Olympic Champion Jean-François LAMOUR continues
to receive overwhelming support from major French associations and charities for
the Paris 2012 bid. To date more than 20 top
associations have shown an unprecedented level of support and commitment to ensure
the Paris 2012 is backed by a national force.
These lead associations believe a successful bid for the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games will help enhance and promote the
values of respect, tolerance and solidarity that are embedded within the Olympic
The Minister wishes to thank those organisations that have pledged their support and who have expressed a desire to help in the
promotion of the bid.
Some of the major charities and associations contributing to this national cause include:
- Association Nationale des Conseils d'Enfants et de Jeunes (National
association of youth and children councils);
- Association des stagiaires et des étudiants francophones (association of Francophone
interns and students);
- Care France;
- Conférence Permanente des Coordinations Associatives;
- Croix Rouge Française (French Red Cross);
- Familles Rurales (Rural Families);
- Jeunesse en Plein Air (Youth in open air);
- Ligue Française des Auberges de Jeunesse (French League of Youth Hostels);
- Ligue Internationale contre le Racisme et l'Antisémitisme (International League
against Racism and Anti-Semitism);
- Lions Club (Lions clubs);
- Les mouvements scouts (Scouts);
- Secours Catholique (Catholic Help);
- Secours Populaire (Popular Help);
- Union Nationale des Associations d'Aide à Domicile;
- Union Nationale des Associations Familiales (National Union of Family Associations);
- Union Nationale Interfédérale des oeuvres et Organismes Privés Sanitaires et
Sociaux (National Inter Federal Union of Medical and Social Private Organisms)
- Unis Cité.
Lamour believes this list is reflective of the desire within French civil society and the associative world to support
Paris’ bid for the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.